Esta instituição, cujo primeiro encontro se realizou em 2006 vem crescendo muito rapidamente na medida em que o marxismo retoma seu papel de vanguarda no pensamento econômico mundial depois de fortes tentativas de sua liquidação.
Call for Papers
Inequality and world capitalism: analysis, policy and action
The Eighth Forum of the World Association for Political Economy
May 23-26, 2013, at Federal University of Santa Catarina (UFSC)
Topics for the Eighth WAPE Forum
1. The inequality in the production and distribution of wealth in the world and its causes
2. The occupy movement and anti-inequality struggles world wide
3. Inequality and exploitation in Latin America
4. Social policy and reduction of inequality
5. Analyses of the current financial and economic crisis
6. Falling rate of profit in capitalist countries
7. Changing north-south relations in the 21st century
8. Comparison of Latin American model and Chinese/Vietnamese model
9. Models of socialism
10. Labor Theory of Value and Exploitation
11. Eco-socialism and anti-nuclear power plant movement in the world
12. Estate and social class in contemporary capitalism
Proposals on the above topics and beyond for both individual papers and complete panels are welcome. Some of the sessions will be co-supported by Japan Society for Promoting Science.
Please send your application, including curriculum vitae and a paper abstract of 500 words in English, to Professor Xiaoqin Ding at email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: February 1, 2013.
Applicants will be notified about acceptance of their applications by March 1, 2013.
Papers of up to 10,000 words will be due by April 1, 2013.
Conference papers will be considered for publication in World Review of Political Economy.
· Official Languages of the Forum: English
1. On site registration on May 23 through May 24, 2013.
2. WAPE Council meeting/WRPE Editorial meeting on May 24, 2013.
3. Official program on May 25 through May 26, 2013.
· Registration fee: US$200 per person.
Marxian economists from all over the world are welcome to attend the forum whether or not they will present a paper. The WAPE Forums aim to encourage cooperation among Marxian economists and to enlarge and strengthen the influence of Marxian economics in the world.
· WAPE. The World Association for Political Economy, registered in Hong Kong, China, is an international academic organization founded in 2006 by Marxian economists and related groups around the world. The mission of WAPE is to utilize modern Marxian economics to analyze and study the world economy, reveal its laws of development, and offer policies to promote economic and social progress on the national and global level. The last six WAPE forums were successively held in Shanghai, Shimane(Japan), Beijing, Paris, Suzhou(China), Amherst(USA), and Mexico City (Mexico) during 2006-2012. Participants in past WAPE forums have come from over 50 countries in Asia, Australia, Africa, Europe, and North and South America.
· WRPE. The World Review of Political Economy is a new peer-reviewed quarterly journal of Marxian Political Economy sponsored by WAPE and published by Pluto Press. For more information including types of submissions that will be considered, please go to www.wrpe.org.
· WAPE Awards. The Distinguished Achievement Award of World Political Economy of the 21st Century, established by WAPE, has been granted annually since 2009. It is intended to promote research in modern political economy around the world by granting the award to economists who have made important innovations in the theory or methodology of political economy since the year of 2001. Marxian Economics Award, established by WAPE in 2011, is to promote the prosperity and development of the research of Marxist economics around the world by granting the award to economists of different countries in the world who have made important innovations in the research of theories, methodology and application of Marxian economics. The 2013 WAPE Awards will be granted at the opening ceremony of the Eighth WAPE Forum. Nominations and applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information can be found on the WAPE website at www.wapeweb.org.
The WAPE Secretariat